Tuesday, January 8, 2008

'The Girls'

I went out tonight with 'the girls'. We went to one of our favorite hangouts called Sneaky Dee's, they have THE greatest wings there. It's a real dive, it has writing on the walls and plays really loud music....I think I have been going there for about 10 years now. For a few of my single years it was my, shall we say 'date joint'..I would always tell people "it has character don't be afraid"...There's a lot of memories in that place..

'The Girls and I met to do what we love to do talk about life, laugh, eat and drink (of course)

'The Girls' and I met and bonded at different times in my life .. Each and every one of them in their own uniqueness has been a part of my survival.. Not only recently but also though the many ups and downs of the past.

Tiny-I have known ever since I was 7, she's one of my oldest and dearest sisterfriends.. She has taken the place of my sister along time ago, always keeping an eye on me. She's a single parent to her 11-year-old partner in crime.. Patience is a vurtue..patient is she

Gray- I met through Tiny about6 years ago ... She's my motivation to do everything I can do in this life God has given to me. She's a soldier fighting Cancer this year like it was the flu..She's my friend, my sister and my strength. She's also Micah's Godmommy

Willow-Willow and I grew up on the same street we've known each other for 22 years.. Our kids are best friends and act just as goofy as we did. I always thought how funny it was that as soon as one of us was pregnant the other would follow. My two are a year apart from her two, She had a baby girl last year (2007) and I was due six months later..... But Willow has had her share of heartaches her parents died about two years ago in the same week ... her mom from Cancer and her dad from a stroke. That girl has superhuman strength and she's a hell of a Supermom too

Queen-I have known for 22 years as well..We have been calling ourselves cousins for so many years now I think we're starting to believe it. She's the little sister I never had...Her sense of humor is crazy and has carried me through a lot of bad days. She's my workout partner and a great motivation as she has dropped a lot of weight after having her baby who will be two this month. I can talk to her about anything and everything ...She has been there to listen to a lot of my Micah rants...Thank you God for Queen

Ley-I met through Queen about 8 years ago... Now Ley and I were partners in crime. Whatever I wanted to do Ley was down. Rather it's travel, clubbing or just staying home with a bottle she was there. Of course this was some years ago so we have calmed down some, but to me she'll always be down for whatever..never disappoint me, always there for me ...Ley

These women have been my heart during these months grieving my monkey.. I don't know where I would be if not for their constant calls, messages and visits. Out of everyone these five have been infinite in my life and never gave up on me (so far) I don't know what the future holds or what road I have yet to travel in this grief but I just wanted to express how special they are to me and how thankful I am to have them in my life.

3 comments:

charmedgirl said...

wow...that's alot of girls! i am so used to being only two- i think my head would spin (especially now) with all those people at once!

my girl and i went out for a night, old-school style, the weekend before xmas. frankly, i'm looking for those nights to make me want to get out there and have fun again; to make me decide i don't want to get pregnant again. it was fun enough, but certainly not shiny and not tempting and...not 'shit, i need to do that again soon!' no, not like that.

i am also thankful for my girls...but oh, just so confused.

meg said...

I just clued in that we are in the same exact place. I used to live 2 blocks from Sneaky Dee's during university.

I'm not sure how I missed your blog, as I read a lot of your commenter's blogs. I have to go back and read your archives...but I just wanted to say how truly sorry I am.

Rosalind said...

I'm right on the College line.. what a small world

Thank you