Her name is Waverly
They say she has no brain activity and my dear friend and her husband must decide if and when to shut down her life support...It's heartbreaking
The labor was fine until Waverlys heart rate started to go down really low during contractions.. She said they had her pushing for a while and then they decided to use forceps for the rest of the delivery.. She came out not breathing and a huge amount of people in the room..Then she was wisked away with my dear friend left with no crying baby..She doesn't even know how much she weighs...It really sucks
I found out about her pregnancy not even two weeks after losing Micah and I spent the night bawling my eyes out. Finding out that someone else got to carry life and be excited about something that ended so tragic for me just hit me like a ton of bricks. In the beginning I would avoid asking about the pregnancy and to be honest I think she knew that and she understood but eventually I guess you could say I came around. I really started to care and love the idea of getting to be with a baby again even if it wasn't mine. I became so excited for her and her husband this being their first baby..They were so ready to be perfect parents..There were a few things that I didn't budge on like I didn't go baby shopping for her shower. I went in on three big group gifts which I was only responsable for handing over my portion 0f the money. I tried to go back to baby r us and the baby section @ the Bay but it was awful... I also never felt her belly or felt Waverly kick...That one is easy but yet really hard to explain..but I would guess you may somewhat get it..
How could this happen again?? This is so mean and so cruel...Shit!! She and her husband are beside themselves with grief, shock and disbelieve..It's just so horrible and unfair..You know even tho it has happened to me this still caught me off guard and what I think it comes down to is babies are not suppose to die..This is completely unnatural ...
So here we are trading places. She helped keep my head above water not even 9 months ago and now it's my turn to return the favor....This really sucks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Oh G.O.D. I am so sorry Rosalind. Poor little girl. My heart feels so heavy for her and her parents. So incredibly tragic and unfair and just plain stupid. It will never make any sense to me. Never.
How incredibly heartbreaking. It's exactly as you say -- even though this has happened to so many of us, it still seems so terribly wrong. It's just not the way things are supposed to be.
Oh that is so GOD DAMMMMMMM unfair. Why Why Why...It is just numbing. I am soo sorry for them and you. Nothing to say.
Oh my God. Fucking forceps deliveries. Why Docs let any women continue with labor once a baby has shown ANY signs of distress is beyond anything I can understand. They should have taken her out by c-section but a fat load of difference that makes now. I am so sorry that your friend is losing her daughter. I hope you will be able to offer her support as she begins this nightmare journey.
Have you told her about Now I lay me Down to sleep? They will come and take beautiful portraits of Waverly and her family, for free, at the hospital. I don't know if you saw their link or pix they have done but they are stunning and something I am sure your friend would want to have.
If you need help finding them, email me and I'll get you the info I have.
xxoo
I'm so very sorry Rosalind.
Post a Comment